View Our
Facebook Page!

Report Fraud, Waste,
and Abuse

Online Services Payments, GIS Maps, Tax Information
Contact Department contacts, Reports and Requests

Wastewater Collection

The Waste Resources Division is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the interceptor sewer system of Chattanooga, as well as the regional wastewater treatment plant known as the Moccasin Bend Wastewater Treatment Plant.

Treatment Plant Page 14

The interceptor sewer system encompasses approximately 1,263 miles of sewer lines, 7 large custom-built pumping stations, 8 custom-built storm stations, 53 underground, wetwell mounted, submersible pumping stations, approximately 171 residential/grinder stations, 8 combined sewer overflow (CSO) facilities and one (1) major regional wastewater treatment plant (Moccasin Bend).

The City's Interceptor Sewer System serves the City and a surrounding metropolitan area which together have a population of approximately 400,000, encompassing about 200 miles. In addition to the City, the system serves the following areas: City of Collegedale, Tennessee; part of Hixson Utility District service area in Hamilton County, Tennessee; City of Red Bank, Tennessee; City of East Ridge, Tennessee; City of Soddy Daisy, Tennessee; City of Rossville, Georgia; City of Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia; Town of Lookout Mountain, Tennessee; Lookout Mountain, Georgia and portions of Walker County and Catoosa County, Georgia.

Sanitary Sewer Overflow (SSO) refers to any overflows caused by line stoppages, heavy rains, pump station failures, vandalism, building backups due to main line problems and any other causes.

If you need to report an overflow, please call 311 at 423-643-6311.

Sanitary Sewer Overflow (SSO) Observation Report

Billing questions should be directed to 311.

Regarding Sewer Credits
(423) 643-7400 (Industrial/Commercial Only)

Regarding Water Bill
TAWC 866-736-6420
Hixson Utility (423) 877-3513

Regarding New Industry Location
Pretreatment Supervisor (423) 643-7400

To report leaky manholes, sewer leakage, or other sewer complaints, call 311 or for cell phones (423) 643-6311.

Regarding Sewer Location
(423) 643-7400

Regarding Sewer Taps
(423) 643-7400

Should you have a problem with your sewer line, call 311 before you call a plumber. There could be a problem with the main line and this could save you a plumbing bill.

Swimming pool credits are no longer issued per Ordinance 11884.